Pass/Fail Option for spring 2020
In light of the circumstances surrounding the College’s response to the COVID19 pandemic during the spring 2020 semester, students will be given the opportunity to choose a Pass/Fail grade option on a course-by-course basis for the semester. Following our process for course approval, and in keeping with our accreditation standards, the College passed a COVID-19 emergency grade proposal. The procedure for students is as follows:
Faculty will assign grades for each course in accordance with the traditional grading scale. Once grades are posted, students will have until the completion of the fall semester on December 11, 2020, to decide whether to keep the assigned grade or replace passing grades of A, B, C, or D with a grade of “P” for passing.
Please note the following considerations when selecting the Pass/Fail grade option. Passing or “P” grades:
- still earn course credit for degree completion.
- are not counted in the semester or overall GPA calculation.
- are not used to determine eligibility for College academic honors.
- may count as meeting a prerequisite for the subsequent course if approved by the instructor in that subsequent course.
- will count when calculating satisfactory progress for financial aid purposes. (Note: Students may still need to appeal financial aid eligibility based on the semester, but the College’s position is that grades for the spring semester not be used to negatively impact future financial aid eligibility.)
In order to select this option, students will need to follow the link to the Pass/Fail Grade Option Form(On this page). Students must note their desire to choose the pass/fail option for each course. If students have questions concerning the process or possible questions related to transferability, they are encouraged to reach out to their academic advisor for assistance.